Ooccoo is a friendly character Link can find in dungeons and she assists the hero by allowing him to quickly escape the dungeon.
Ooccoo is joined by her son Ooccoo Jr who will remain with the hero after escaping using Ooccoo's warping ability and at anytime the hero can call Ooccoo Jr to return the hero to the room were Ooccoo was left behind.
Ooccoo's warping power does not extend to every room in a dungeon as certain rooms are considered seperated from the main dungeon but also is a measure to prevent potential softlocks.
The last time the hero encounters Ooccoo in City in the Sky will slightly change her warping ability were instead of escaping the dungeon she will take the hero to the shop featured in the dungeon.
If at anytime the player decides to leave a dungeon manually instead of using Ooccoo's warping ability the player will find a note left behind by her mentioning that she is still in the dungeon waiting for the player to return.
- If the final Ooccoo is acquired but then the player recieves a different Ooccoo from an earlier dungeon Ooccoo will erronousely say she will warp to the shop but will instead warp outside the current dungeon like normal.
- After clearing a dungeon any of the Ooccoo items will disappear from the inventory unless a different set of those items are on hand.
- Mini boss rooms and boss rooms are restricted from warping out of as the rooms are considered seperated from the main dungeon map.
- There are a few rooms in the game that cannot be warped away from other than mini-boss rooms and boss rooms. The rooms in question feature methods to alter the room and should the room be in a specific state it would be possible to semi softlock inside that room.
- In these cases it would still be possible to escape by saving & reloading but the restriction was made to not have to require this escape route.
- Ooccoo will use the last spawn point when bringing the player back into the dungeon however there are a few rooms that do not feature this and instead use just one spawn point.
- Due to the programming of the game it is possible to reunite with Ooccoo either from the miniboss room, boss room or from Fanadi's hints.
- There exists spawn points that would act similar to Ooccoo's warping in places that Ooccoo cannot be used in.