This weapons range is the highlighted use of this item commonly used to cut down ropes, destroy targets, defeat Beamos, activate switches, and is the only usable item that can defeat Armogohma in conjunction with the Dominion Rod.
The most unique usage of this item comes in the form of the newly introduced Bomb + Arrow combo were Link can attach a bomb to the end of the arrow instead of the standard pointed edge.
Another use of this combo mechanic is seen with the Hawkeye which will allow the player to zoom in and out making it easier to hit distant enemies or objects.
Arrows will begin dropping from enemies and jars once a bow is obtained and even loose arrows from enemy Bulblin's or misfires from the player can be retrieved.
Optionally if the hero is able to complete the STAR Tent minigame he is awarded two larger quivers which increase the capacity of how many arrows the hero can keep at anytime.
- If the player can successfully remove the blockade ruining Iza's business at Upper Zora's River without the bow Iza will provide infinite bombs & arrows and the player can use them regardless of the missing bow although the item is temporary.
- After recieving the Lent Bomb Bag from Iza if the player talks to Iza before destroying the rock she will provide a full refill of both bombs and arrows. If the player does not have a quiver at this point her refill still grants arrows to the stored ammo capacity in the games memory.
- Also under certain conditions when getting the Lent Bomb Bag its possible to recieve a Bow+Bomb combo item in the inventory which is displayed as a black rupee since there is no visual model for the item wheel. It cannot be used in this state though curiously it still allows combos with bombs and the Hawkeye.
- If the Hawkeye is used to hit the final target in Talo's Archery minigame Malo will scold Link for cheating and present a yellow rupee instead of a piece of heart.
- The minigame can be played again afterward to obtain the proper reward as long as the Hawkeye is not used to hit the final target.