Jump to navigation Jump to search
Empty Bottles are useful containers that can store several unique contents scattered around Hyrule Link can procure from several places.
The following is a list of items that can be stored in bottles:
|Worms||Can be attached to the Fishing Rod as bait for fish.|
|Bee Larva||Restores 1/4th a heart when consumed. Can also be attached to the Fishing Rod as bait for fish.|
|Water / Hot Spring Water||Can be sprinkled on objects but has no practical effect. Hot Spring Water restores all hearts when consumed and will cool if the player tries to warp or goes to new areas.|
|Milk / 1/2 Milk||Restores three hearts per serving.|
|Nasty Soup / Black Chu Jelly||Randomly heals or harms Link. Black Chu Jelly goes unused though it is functional and will always harm Link.|
|Fairy||Restores all hearts and also revives Link.|
|Lantern Oil / Yellow Chu Jelly||With the Lantern equipped these items will refuel it otherwise they're useless individually.|
|Red Potion / Red Chu Jelly||Restores eight hearts.|
|Blue Potion / Blue Chu Jelly||Restores all hearts.|
|File:Item-bottle-green-chu-jelly.png||Green Chu Jelly||Scrapped magic power restoration.|
|File:Item-bottle-purple-chu-jelly.png||Purple Chu Jelly||Randomly heals or harms Link.|
|File:Item-bottle-rare-chu-jelly.png||Rare Chu Jelly||Restores all hearts & doubles attack power temporarily.|
|Great Fairy's Tears||Restores all hearts & doubles attack power temporarily.|
|Simple Soup||Restores two hearts.|
|Good Soup||Restores four hearts.|
|Superb Soup||Restores eight hearts.|
- There exists two unused variations of chu jelly however in the Cave of Ordeals it is possible to have a blue chu and yellow chu merge together to form a green chu and procure its jelly upon defeat.
- This discovery would prompt the HD Version to add flavor text to the item as an easter egg.
- The black chu variation cannot be found however curiously a text description can be seen indicating it was once planned to appear.
- The soup variations found in Snowpeak Ruins are the only scoopable contents that will upgrade over the course of the dungeon.
- Empty bottles when used can deflect Possessed Zelda's magic attack.
- The Lantern can be used as a psuedo bottle and can scoop oil sold at Trill's shop as well as yellow chu jelly.
- The harmful bottle contents cannot kill Link.